Candidates from Twin Cities, MN, Boston, MA, Washington DC, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, and Denver, CO are encouraged to apply.
This is a remote direct hire position with our client Independent Pet Partners. (Hybrid option if in the Twin Cities area, MN).
About the Role:
We are looking for a pet lover who is a detail oriented, results-driven marketer to be our new Director or Sr Director of Marketing. We are seeking a seasoned marketing executor who can enhance our brand vision while leveraging the brand strategy to plan and execute our marketing campaigns, content, product launches, support Services, special projects and promotions. The new dynamic leader will partner with their counterparts in Brand Creative, Merchandising, Ops, Services, Ecommerce and Field teams to ensure cross functional alignment on plans and best in class execution. This candidate should have a mix of strategy development experience, brand building, creative activation, and promotion development supported by a proven ability to ideate and orchestrate 360-degree marketing initiatives that drive business impact. This candidate should also be seasoned in budget management, expense tracking and reconciliation on a monthly basis, with ability to work with key Accounting and Finance partners.
To be successful in this position you need to be able to embrace an ability to move fast, learn, & iterate. This role will excite someone who likes to navigate paths formally unchartered and be able to balance visionary development with a strong playbook for execution. The successful candidate will be a dreamer, problem solver, planner, project manager and be tenacious, open, imaginative, detail-oriented, able to collaborate with creative teams, proactive, and adaptive. An ideal candidate has a retail/omni background, is accustomed to operating lean, has the ability to quickly shift and adjust and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates with Ad Agency background would do well in this role.
- Articulate a consumer-centric approach and strategy to achieve specific goals. Translate brand strategies into brand plans and go-to-market tactics. Articulate strategy into creative briefs that communicate the intent, goals and messaging sentiment to the Brand team so the appropriate creative assets can be developed for launch.
- Possess an innate ability to always put the customer first, be customer-led in thought and understand the customer experience to ensure assets bring the customer on a productive journey.
- Build and raise awareness & consideration for the brand, ensuring all communications resonate with current/potential customers and loyalty members.
- Articulate the brands’ strategic positioning, ensure consistent communication of brand equities to internal and external constituents.
- Lead the Marketing budget process, which entails communication of weekly/monthly budgets to other team members and the CMO, expense tracking with Accounting, and reconciliation of actuals and reforecasts with Finance. Over-communication is key here.
- Oversee the day-to-day campaign management of all campaigns, ensuring creative is reviewed on time, assets are delivered on time, and all team members are in the know on status and launch timing. Brand Campaign Manager reports in, and supports.
- Lead the execution of a robust content and promotional strategy to support company sales goals and merchandising objectives.
- Partner with Merchandising and Education teams to develop promotional messages and product information for marketing briefs and campaigns.
- Partner with other Marketing team members on the 30-60-90 Go-To-Market plans and bi-weekly presentations to cross-functional teams.
- Partner with vendors/manufacturer brands to identify key product stories and innovation for campaigns, as well as marketing opportunities in vendor channels.
- Evaluate competitors to optimize marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, business, advertising, mass communications, or a related field.
- 7-10+ years of marketing experience in the retail/omni sector.
- Extreme attention to detail and hands on when it comes to creative briefs, marketing planning and execution.
- Customer centric in all thinking.
- Strong bias for driving results with exceptional execution and follow-up skills.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and creativity to meet project timelines. Deadline oriented is key.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong organizational and project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative nature and builds strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to develop a clear point of view from disparate sources of information.
- Ability to leverage process to deliver consistent, effective marketing programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Manage 2 direct reports (Brand Campaign Manager and Omni Marketing Manager).
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. For more info check out our website at www.marcommdept.com
Do you hoodo? We do. If you want to quickly review job opportunities that meet your specific needs, wants, and abilities enroll in hoodo. It’s like a dating app for jobs. Say goodbye to scrolling job boards and resume re-writes. Hoodo does the job hunting for you. Download via your mobile device today: https://hoodo.app.link/t3e3gdJcymb