Marcomm Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Interactive UX Designer
The person hired for the position of Senior Interactive UX Designer will work with cross-functional teams to create user-centered designs and workflows in support of programs of major importance across client’s divisions. Responsible for design direction, improvement initiatives, design-research, and operating plans for design creation. Independently contributes to multiple major new design programs, redesign programs or continuous improvement projects within the assigned business or function.
- Plans and supports UX design workshops with stakeholders, builds design artifacts necessary to conduct concept testing/usability testing and produces reports.
- Accountable for defining key user interface behaviors using experience models, personas, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, simulations, etc.
- Translate customer insights into tangible design deliverables. Thinks beyond boundaries to create design direction.
- Develops and maintains user interaction design guidelines as part of the a larger UX design system initiative.
- Develops and/or uses appropriate UX design and evaluation processes and/or efficiency and cost measurements to ensure the any design solution meets or exceeds defined needs and strategies.
- Willingness to be fearless about driving new ideas and finding beautiful and powerful ways to communicate them.
- Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), interaction design, user experience design, digital media design, graphic design, visual design, communication design or industrial design.
- Minimum of 5 combined years of working experience in user experience design or interaction design with experiences in designing solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications on a variety of platforms.
- M.S. in Design Strategy, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience as an interaction designer.
- Ability to visualize data and complex concepts.
- Experience designing complex and/or task-based applications.
- Experience designing native applications for iOS and Android.
- Experience with design research techniques to understand the customer (e.g., interviews, contextual inquiry, usability testing, card sorting).
- Ability to create interactive design prototypes in Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD, HTML/JS/CSS, or other tools