Marcomm Inc is looking to hire a Technical Writer
This position will be a great fit for a mechanically-minded tech writer, with experience creating detailed entries in electronic parts catalogs. This position interfaces regularly with the assembly and mechanical/manufacturing teams to gather information and develop product specifications, so experience with powersports and hands-on mechanical experience is highly preferred!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research Bills of Material (BOMs) and CAD data to identify serviceable parts.
- Interact with product group specialists (Project Assistants, Project Engineers, etc.) to resolve issues relating to serviceable parts and BOMs.
- Use CAD tools and illustrating software to develop and maintain complex illustrations to depict functionality, relationship, and assembly sequence of parts and assemblies.
- Provide work direction to the Publications Database Management Specialist for parts manual development and revisions.
- Assume primary responsibility for parts book accuracy.
- Remain in tune with technological developments as they pertain to the position. Recommend technological enhancements and upgrades as appropriate.
- Perform other assignments as requested or required.
- Execute Lean initiatives. Drive out waste in processes and systems. Increase productivity, speed and quality/accuracy. Reduce costs.
- Use PRS to collect changes and revise existing ECAT information.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Sincere desire to meet customer expectations.
- Powersports product knowledge required, hands-on mechanical experience preferred, thorough understanding of basic mechanical concepts required
- Proficient user of keyboard and numeric keypad.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Experience with Excel required.
- Experience using AS400 or a similar tool required.
- Experience using change management (Windchill) preferred.
- Ability to learn essential software as required for the position.
- Ability to prioritize personal workload.
- Highly organized, very neat.
- Ability to identify product questions and obtain answers.
- Basic understanding of the manufacturing assembly sequence.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desired; comparable or equivalent work experience considered.
- Three years of experience working with Electronic Parts Catalogs preferred.
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com