Marcomm Inc is looking to hire a Technical Writer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple project priorities and work schedule based on deadlines and input from production schedules and PRS work lists, as well as special requests from team members and other customers.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies and processes related to publications development.
- Gather material for writing assignments from engineering, service, legal, compliance and other sources as applicable.
- Confer with the publications specialist, marketing and engineering project leaders to establish print specifications for new projects.
- Confer with legal, compliance, service, production and engineering personnel as applicable to become familiar with new compliance regulations and product technologies.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, formatting, terminology and grammar.
- Edit, standardize or make changes as needed to material provided by others.
- Meet with stakeholders/customers/peers to discuss or review projects as needed.
- Obtain photographs, drawings and other graphic components to illustrate material.
- Design owner’s manual covers per print specifications and product requirements.
- Deliver completed publications to print vendor, web, dealer extranet, translators and internal customers based on project requirements. Document each file delivery location and date.
- Execute LEAN initiatives. Drive out waste in processes and systems. Increase productivity, speed and quality/accuracy. Reduce costs.
- Think about publications and requirements globally. Consider International product development teams and customers when developing publications solutions.
- Perform other assignments as requested or required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Sincere desire to meet customer expectations.
- Product knowledge required, hands-on mechanical experience preferred, thorough understanding of basic mechanical concepts required.
- Ability to perform release system (PRS) tasks as required for the role.
- Proficient user of keyboard and numeric keypad.
- Effective verbal and written skills. Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Experience using change management system (PRS) preferred.
- Ability to learn essential software as required for the position.
- Basic software skills required: Adobe products (FrameMaker, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional), Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to comprehend technical and non-technical information and ideas presented verbally and in writing; ability to communicate the information and ideas in writing so others (the users) will understand.
- Ability to collaborate with other writers to meet publication deadlines.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information and anticipate its potential effect on both current and future projects.
- Ability to evaluate whether information, events or processes comply with (or could conflict with) laws, regulations or standards.
- Knowledge of document design strategies for planning and creating publications.
- Familiarity or experience with printing companies, materials, photography and audio/video capabilities is a plus.
- An understanding of the powersports industry is preferred.
- Experience with Arbortext is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desired; comparable or equivalent work experience considered.
- Three years of publication experience using an electronic publishing system desire
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com