Marcomm Inc. is looking to hire a Senior UX Designer
The Senior UX Design Researcher will work on strategic initiatives to create cohesive and scalable customer experiences. He or she will primarily be responsible for planning and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing, as well as synthesizing and reporting insights for Industrial and Safety & Graphics Business groups. He or she will work alongside UX Designers to translate insights to experience. Must be able to juggle multiple concurrent projects, work under time constraints and execute projects with minimal supervision. Previous experience with B2B UX projects preferred. Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create research plan proposals based on business needs and gaps in research.
- Employ a wide range of research methods, including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, usability studies, and surveys.
- Run usability tests remotely and in-person, either for groups or one-on-one.
- Must be willing to travel. Conduct stakeholder interviews and competitive analysis to assist with defining business and functional requirements.
- Create thorough interview discussion guides and usability test guides.
- Capture user workflows, needs, challenges and goals using appropriate methods for given constraints.
- Lead and facilitate user research and usability testing and deliver strategic recommendations with confidence.
- Communicate research findings visually and facilitate research readout sessions with stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), anthropology, psychology, sociology, design or design research.
- Minimum of 3 combined years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, researcher or UX strategist with experiences in designing solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications on variety platforms.
- M.S. in design strategy, interaction design, Human Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-8 years of experience as UX practitioner (e.g. UX strategist, researcher, UX designer, interactions designer)
- Experience with creating web-based products, mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Experience in Adobe Experience Design and/or Sketch. Proficient with design research techniques to understand the customer (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, concept testing, usability testing, card sorting)
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com