MARCOMM is seeking a Junior Pricing and Merchandising Analyst for the Standard Pricing Operations Team
The person hired for the position of Pricing and Merchandising Analyst will be responsible for maintaining, managing, and helping to analyze the standard, custom, promotional, and large buy pricing for our clients’ corporate division(s). You will be responsible for daily maintenance, implementation of changes and price decisions in a variety of systems and will prepare for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. You will help to analyze pricing data and communicate findings and recommendations related to pricing decisions.
• Manage and maintain the standard, custom/generic, promotional, and large buy pricing within the pricing databases for the specific division(s) you support.
• Will be responsible for daily maintenance, of changes and price decisions in a variety of 3M systems and will prepare for ERP implementation.
• Work closely with Product/Channel Marketers to assist in defining the standard, custom/generic, and pricing programs for the products and divisions that you support to help meet price yield expectations
• Work with the Product/Channel Marketers to define and implement pricing programs such as promotions, volume buys, or CFM (Customer Focused Marketing) opportunities for the division you support.
• Liaison with Customer Account Management on a regular basis to ensure orders price correctly, communicate promotional or volume setups, or CFM opportunities.
• Work with Data Management Group on product hierarchy, data integrity, and new product introduction (NPI) processes to reduce manually priced lines.
• Set up pricing for new products and manage pricing options related to phase in/phase out and obsolete products.
• Creating/updating pricing rules and options in Pricing and Customer Service databases.
• Plan, create, implement price pages/price catalog for the division(s).
• Develop, define, and document simplified and standardized business process opportunities related to standard pricing related responsibilities.
• Perform analysis of pricing, including price point analysis, pocket margin, profitability, and provide recommendations to Product/Channel Marketers for price adjustment decisions based on the data analysis.
• Provide price consulting assistance to an audience which may not be knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Demonstrate solid persuasion skills and manage differing interests and perspectives related to pricing.
• Ability to work independently and be accountable for meeting timelines
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong leadership attributes
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting Flexibility and comfortable with extreme change.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university Experience in Finance, Marketing, Pricing, or Business Analysis
• Pricing or Business Analyst work experience Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Experience with business reporting and analytical tools, including SAP, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, SQL, and pivot tables and v-lookup in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with learning new data tools and working with new data sets Business process management experience Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and deployment experience
• Understanding of pricing systems, including line book price pages Understanding of marketing and/or financial principles and concepts.
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com