MARCOMM Inc. is hiring a Packaging Technician.
In this role the idea candidate will support a team of packaging engineers through both specific daily tasks and project-related tasks as assigned for owned brands. Work independently while still taking direction as needed, eventually assuming ownership for specific pieces of the larger packaging design process.
- Assist the structural packaging design team with hangtag development, eventually taking ownership for this the engineering compopnents of this process
- Document current store sets as they transition, for use by our overseas engineering team as well as future reference by Packaging teams
- Take and communicate detailed measurements (size and weight) of packaging structures as needed
- Assist with answering vendor questions
- Support efforts in product lifecycle management programs to address the on-going quality, performance and cost, i.e., maintenance, of packaging in the marketplace; including conducting marketplace quality audits
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key business partners.
- Two-year technical or vocational degree
- Breadth of technical experience ideally gained across multiple home, apparel and hardgoods product and packaging categories
- Some technical knowledge of packaging materials, regulations and manufacturing
- Strong ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Team player with ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proactive problem solving skills and abilities
- Effective influencing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Some strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment