The marketing coordinator is responsible for taking direction and guidance from business leaders in order to develop and execute marketing efforts that ensure customers and employees have a consistent positive experience.
We are looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator who will be the company’s primary internal marketer. As a successful hire, you will be responsible for working understand business strategies, develop plans and execute tactics to build awareness and positioning for the company’s two brands.
For our services business, you will work with business development and talent managers to ensure that both customers and employees have a consistently positive experience working. Among your responsibilities, you will drive brand awareness, market positioning, event planning, website updates and social media.
As the marketing coordinator for our emerging technology business, you will be on the front lines supporting a team of entrepreneurs and advisors bringing a new recruiting technology to market. You will support external marketing leaders to execute launch plans with a heavy emphasis on social media, online video and customer success stories.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in social media and content marketing.
What kind of person are we looking for?
A bright talent who enjoys trying new things and embracing innovative ideas. Someone who is both intellectually bright and enjoys working with a diverse group of leaders. It is essential that we get things done, so we want a marketing coordinator who is decisive, confident and courageous someone who takes direction well, contributes their ideas and executes seamlessly. We like to have fun, so the ideal teammate will have an original and unique sense of humor and enjoy office time with the team.
How much experience do you need?
To apply you must have a minimum of three years professional work experience in media, marketing or communications. We want to know that you are an emerging professional who will exemplify our brand, someone on the verge of greatness, motivated by making a difference. We’re interested in your ability to start quickly, someone who figures out what is needed or how to get the expertise required in very short order. You need to be able to think, communicate and write at a level that is above your peers.
Things we will ask you to do (and by the way, this list will never be complete…)
- Document and communicate marketing plans annually in support of business leaders
- Plan and execute specific marketing efforts on time and with quality (with direction from leaders and collaboration with an outstanding group of external advisors and marketing gurus)
- Competitive research, understanding demand for our products and services
- Organize events and activities
- All other marketing-related tasks that we come up with…
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- Maintain the website, social media and email marketing
- Participate with the team in developing and executing company culture efforts
- Develop marketing standards and materials to support business development
- Generate leads and build influencers through marketing efforts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven proficiency in using online tools, Microsoft Office and social media programs
- Good communication aptitude verbal, written and in person
- High degree of detail, accuracy and accountability to project goals and expectations
- High energy, strong work ethic and desire to achieve
- Strong organizational, planning and communications skills
- Demonstrated track record with executing marketing campaigns and programs
Preferred Skills & Experience
- CRM and marketing automation
- WordPress or other website content programs
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Event planning/coordination
- Development of videos, webinars or podcasts
Critical Team Competencies:
- Someone able to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor, displaying personal integrity and lending credibility to the business
- Able to give and receive direction, instruction and input from others
- Someone with business acumen, who can help communicate and manage business goals, analyze trends and improve processes
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to sit at a desk and perform typical office functions up to eight hours daily
- Must be able to work alone, and in a group environment
- Must be flexible to create availability as required by business needs and special events
Job requirements, compensation and performance expectations will be reviewed annually and adjusted as based on performance and overall contribution.