Marcomm Inc. is looking to hire a Responsive Email Developer
The Responsive Email Developer is responsible for developing responsive, accessible and mobile first email templates and components for a promotional marketing email program. You’ll work with art directors, writers, planners, producers and product owners to create and maintain successful retail email experience. You will produce, proof, test, and troubleshoot dynamic HTML emails that follow both brand and current code standards. You are a strong email developer/designer that can balance multiple projects at once while sweating the details to engineer compelling, stylish, well-crafted work seen by millions. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clean, high-quality code that supports templated designs with rigorous brand standards and leverages current email best practices across most major inboxes/email clients.
- Create responsive email code for a promotional marketing email program. Explore and innovate how we make these highly important communications more personalized, human-centered and actionable by using coding techniques that drive results.
- Support the standardization and documentation of all existing and newly developed email templates and patterns.
- Participate in weekly Discovery tasks for your area: collaborate with email designers to generate new concepts and hypotheses, facilitate A/B testing for those ideas, and pivot quickly to new directions based on feedback & learning.
- Execute complete end-to-end testing of each email using SalesForce and Litmus testing tools.
- Ensure constant communication with product partners as you resolve issues that arise with speed and accuracy.
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research findings to help inform how you code templates for maximum effectiveness and represent the needs of our guests.
- 3+ years experience with HTML/CSS frontend coding specifically for email: fluid responsive design layouts, device breakpoints and workarounds for limitations of email clients/browsers
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or equivalent to manipulate and export email design files
- Experience working within meticulous corporate brand standards
- Experience with Litmus, Email on Acid or equivalent testing tools
- Willingness and ability to adopt new technologies, languages and/or frameworks to keep up with new trends and best practices
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment
- Able to translate technical explanations to non-technical parties
- Experience practicing and coding accessibility for email a plus