The Marketing Project Manager is will be responsible for managing internal and external resources to plan, develop, design, produce and distribute direct marketing, commercialization and related communications projects for assigned market and/or product portfolios.
Position Description: Vision and Planning
- Participate in product/market planning and other activities to develop and maintain an understanding of assigned market area(s)–products, strategies, customer base, customer needs, etc. and the use of identified products/portfolios within those market areas.
- Determine gaps in current best practices, and propose solutions to address these needs. Use market research to help refine or focus execution of our marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with assigned Strategy Marketing Managers and Director, providing guidance and recommendations regarding effective marketing tactics and media alternatives to efficiently and effectively attain their goals for specific projects.
- Maintain an awareness of the possible synergies between print and electronic projects with other marketing channels (events and the website); make recommendations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Strategy Marketing Managers and Director to create/refine a creative brief, including goals, themes and deliverables, for each marketing project.
- Initiate appropriate project meetings to kickoff projects, gain greater knowledge of the executional goals and expectations, and to effectively communicate project status.
- Work with internal and/or external designers, writers and production services to ensure that project meets creative and marketing objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Manage budget, schedule and tracking requirements, including request for appropriate budget coding. Track project costs to ensure that the project stays within budget.
- Review project deliverables (creative and copy) and evaluate fit with stated project goals; work with creative team to revise as required. Manage deliverables review and approval process with project sponsor and other internal departments as required.
- Determine production and distribution specifications for each project. Coordinate with production group to insure execution activities meet time, budget and quality parameters required for the projects.
- Guide product sponsor development of mailing specifications based on submitted segmentation plan from the project sponsor. Order external mailing lists as required and coordinate delivery date to accommodate internal list manipulation requirements.
- Ensure that all accounting processes and procedures are followed: submission and payment of invoices, if needed, accuracy of invoices, appropriate coding and timeliness of submission.
- Monitor campaign analytics for projects to inform decisions to improve future marketing efforts.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience managing marketing materials and campaign development and production, preferably within a marketing department in a corporate environment or an advertising agency.
- Must be able to demonstrate processes, knowledge of design and production tools for both print and electronic delivery.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; must be self-motivated to take a project and run with it with little direction; Proactive problem-solver.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Google docs experience preferred but not required.
- Jira project management experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in budget planning and management.
- Portfolio of sample projects managed preferred
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in the Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. Learn more at: www.marcommdept.com