The Digital Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization and/ or vendors in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. This person builds expertise in the business unit(s) supported, understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities, and impacts to overall customer experience. Educates the IT organization by translating business and customer needs into detailed functional specifications to allow Information Technology Department to deliver an appropriate solution. Serve as part of a cross-functional team. Candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Work with partners to align technology solutions with business strategies and validate complex business requirements.
- Document high-level business requirements and associated functional specifications for the Technology organization and/or vendors. Manage changes to such specifications.
- Establish specifications and objectives based on business requirements and cost effectiveness; provide recommendations to management personnel.
- Collaborate in systems development, business process design and UX design.
- Develop overall test strategy to validate end state solution and facilitate user acceptance. Establish use cases, test plans, and coordinate testing across impacted groups.
- Following QA, responsible to support UAT/beta testing activities and participate in pre-launch and post launch activities
- Closely monitor test outcomes and report findings to through daily communication.
- Partner with stakeholders by participating in daily defect review calls, test planning and strategy sessions.
- Drive standard requirements and testing practices for organization as we build team in the future.
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills to help drive positive outcomes in difficult and high-pressure circumstances. Ability to resolve issues and mitigate risks independently and tactfully.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- 3+ years of UAT/QA experience
- Understanding of APIs (JSON/ XML)
- Navigating and writing API documentation
- Ability to execute simple SQL queries
- Ability to create process charts (as is and to be) Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with a willingness to get into detail
- Not afraid to jump into any issues and work with various teams to resolve it
- Demonstrated ability to learn and pick up new tools quickly
- Ability to organize and prioritize features/ project work
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; an ability to interact with customers, staff, senior management, vendors, and contractors
- Strong working knowledge of product development, software and customer lifecycle.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer & software applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Business acumen
- Organizational agility
- Peer relations
- Presentation skills
- Technical learning
- Time management
- Written communications
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. For more info check out our website at www.marcommdept.com
Ways to Apply for this Position:
Do you hoodo? We do. If you want to quickly review job opportunities that meet your specific needs, wants, and abilities enroll in hoodo. It’s like a dating app for jobs. Say goodbye to scrolling job boards and resume re-writes. Hoodo does the job hunting for you. Download via your mobile device today: https://hoodo.app.link/mKcOCQkhRkb
Send us your information. Email your resume and cover letter and we will be in contact with you shortly.