About this Event
Do you find it difficult at times to communicate with leaders and colleagues? Is it hard to do your work or stay on task because you are anticipating the next uneasy conversation?
Communication in the workplace can be challenging and it can be even more frustrating when you are experiencing a toxic workplace culture or leaders and colleagues within organizations aren’t quite on the same page when it comes to effective communication. So how do we balance diplomatic conversations, ensure voices are heard and shift power dynamics to neutral ground in order to strengthen relationships?
This session is designed for those that want to delve deeper into specific communication challenges they face in the workplace and learn how to navigate those tough conversations. Grab your lunch and join Amelia Reigstad, Ph.D. as she provides practical tips that you can begin to implement in your day-to-day communication. In this lunch and learn session, participants will explore the following:
- The science (or theory) behind toxic workplace cultures
- Understand leadership and communication styles
- Recognize and appreciate your own authentic communication style
- Learn how to leverage your ability, use your voice and confidently speak up
- Shift power dynamics and understand the Queen/King bee
- Mini break out sessions to share experiences (if interested)