Job Summary: The manager of employee and corporate communications collaborates with the executive leadership team, the marketing communications team, human relations and business unit leaders to develop, craft and disseminate company, business unit and employee news, as well as support employee education and events. Amplify the culture and strategic vision and mission, help to champion connections among teams and drive business results through upbeat communications that leave employees energized, informed and encouraged to do their best work. The manager enforces the “company voice” and brand across internal communications platforms. In addition, this position is responsible for customer notifications, public relations and media management. Strategic support to executives to build their personal leadership brand and communication strategies to align their teams on our strategy, goals and priorities is a key aspect. Included is preparation of internal employee communications regarding company performance, future direction, or corporate or human resource policies. May manage content of brochures, handbooks, memos or emails.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the internal communications strategy and execute for results, with a strong focus on driving business alignment and employee engagement programs worldwide
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level our internal communications program
- Write and provide creative direction for multi-channel employee communications
- Plan and run employee communications events such as Town Halls
- Reinforce and protect the corporate brand by working with business unit MarComm managers to ensure external communication strategies align with, and proactively drive our corporate vision and culture
- Drive and assist with executive communication programs globally among our regional leaders, including driving awareness and excitement around impactful news moments, and company vision
- Utilize Cision and other technology to optimize media communications by creating targeted lists, sending press releases, and tracking media effectiveness. Identifies trends and tracks results. Curate and disseminate regular news feeds to internal stakeholders.
- Manage incoming media inquiries and coordinate interviews with appropriate internal stakeholders. Serve as primary contact for public relations and assist with crisis management issues. Create and administer the dissemination of corporate messaging internally and externally.
- Enforce editorial standards and maintain consistency of editorial messaging, tone and style.
- Work collaboratively with other communications colleagues to ensure an integrated, effective approach across communications platforms
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative, inspiring, compelling, and aligns with corporate messaging
- Build and manage an employee communications editorial calendar.
- Measure the success of your communications programs
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including In-depth understanding of target audience, and expertise in high-impact messaging to broad audiences. Effective storyteller with the ability to articulate complex information in simple and relatable terms.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix and geographically diverse business model within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Required Job Qualifications:
- This role requires outstanding writing and editing communication skillsand an effective understanding of visual story telling.
- 7 years of relevant experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Portfolio of content (media releases, in-house articles or presentations, communications plan)
- Critical problem solver; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with minimal direction
- Outstanding writing skills
- Collaborative and thrives working cross-functionally
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Creative, thoughtful, and passionate about storytelling
- Skilled at influencing, prioritizing, and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable, and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unfazed by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly)
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related fields
- Passion for writing and editing with the ability to build a storyline that is informative and engaging; proficient in applying AP Stylebook
- Demonstrated experience in creating strong, measurable internal & external communication programs that align with organizational goals
- Quick learner who is energized by handling multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with language translation
- Leading video production projects
- Working knowledge of content management systems
MARCOMM Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis. The types of Marketing, Interactive, Digital and Creative jobs we offer are dynamic, fun and always fast paced. Our employment package is “best-in-class” because we’re committed to hiring the brightest, most qualified talent available. For more info check out our website at www.marcommdept.com