The person in this role will oversee brand governance, providing input on initiatives to support the execution of strategic projects and priority platforms. Additionally, this individual will identify opportunities for increased collaboration and support to strengthen brand trust and equity. The ideal candidate is a proven expert in brand strategy, management and development, who stays on top of industry and consumer trends, competitive positioning and best practice brand management strategies.
- Brand Articulation
- Help drive the development and articulation of the brand platform, integrating customer insights, global perspectives/marketplace dynamics, and macro trends to drive deeper relevance and engagement across multiple stakeholder audiences
- Act as collaborator, advisor and counsel to counterparts and division partners on strategy development, with clear linkages to business needs and priorities
- Develop and execute brand tools, templates, and training materials
- Develop and scale global brand training efforts to support businesses, areas, and agencies as needed
- Brand Portfolio Optimization
- Improve business leverage of the client’s brand strategy in alignment with the brand architecture and hierarchy
- Drive and support the brand integration process, in partnership with division, areas, integration partners, as well as corporate brand and design partners on high priority mergers and acquisitions
- Brand Governance
- Collaborate with corporate brand and divisions to refine and execute a cohesive, formalized brand governance process across relevant touchpoints (e.g. co-branding, ingredient branding and licensing, joint promotions, 3M.com) to map efficient process workflows that strengthen compliance, equity and IP protections
- Collaborate with corporate brand on business case refinement and review of Division co-branding, ingredient branding and licensing opportunities
- Data-driven self-starter with demonstrated competency in brand strategy and management
- Effective team player with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project and process leadership comfortable establishing and leading processes to ensure teams/projects stay organized and on track
- Highly persuasive and comfortable offering opposing viewpoints, but seeks “win-win” solutions to advance shared business agendas
- Deep, rich experience in developing and applying brand strategy to drive business objectives
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Lead by example, develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field such as brand, communications, marketing, marketing communication, journalism, advertising, public relations, or mass communication. A master’s degree in an appropriate discipline, is desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of brand marketing and/or marketing communications job experience is generally required. With a master’s degree 7-9 years of related job experience is desirable. Preferred Qualifications:
- Uses advanced leadership skills to align departmental priorities with organizational objectives.
- Uses long and short- term business planning skills to establish goals, strategic objectives and organizational actions through the interpretation of industry trends, customer requirements and objectives of the corporation.
- Has the ability to contribute to the business or organization strategic planning.
- Possesses ability to develop differing techniques and practices to deal with variations in work conditions or operations to achieve expected results.
- Applies innovative thinking to support organizational goals through new approaches to communications.